Carrot Cake Baked Oatmeal Muffins
Ring in spring with a portable breakfast that doubles as an afternoon snack
Bring to work or serve as a brunch feature—either way, you and your guests will love these healthy, gluten-free Carrot Cake Baked Oatmeal Muffins. With a punch of protein from almond butter, whole-grain goodness from rolled oats, fruit and veggies, you can't go wrong with this wholesome treat.
- 2 ripe bananas
- 1/4 cup almond butter
- 1 1/2 cups old-fashioned oats
- 3/4 cups milk 1/ 8 cup honey
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp kosher salt
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 3/4 cups carrots, grated
- 1 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans
1. Preheat oven to 375°. Place 12 pieces of parchment paper or muffin-cup liners in muffin cups.
2. To prepare muffins, mash 2 ripe bananas, then combine with the next 8 ingredients, stirring with a whisk.
3. Grate carrots in either a food processor, blender, or on a box grater; combine ¾ cup grated carrots with the remaining ingredients; combine with the muffin mixture.
4. Divide batter evenly among prepared muffin cups. Sprinkle with chopped pecans, if desired.
5. Bake at 375° for 20-35 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool muffins in pan 5 minutes. Remove from pan; cool completely on a wire rack.
Yield: 12 muffins (Serving: 1 muffins) CALORIES 153 FAT 6g (sat .70g, mono 2.9g, poly 1.3g) PROTEIN: 4.5g CARB 22g FIBER 3.1g CHOL 16.7mg IRON 1.1mg SODIUM 111.8mg CALC 75.7mg SUGAR 7.72g
More Muffin Tin Ideas
For a twist, bake this recipe in mini loaf pans to make delicious oatmeal bread.